In this blog, we are featuring an old customer from 10 years ago circa 2006 that purchased PVC vertical blinds. Recently, they availed a new set of blinds for their extended house i.e. entertainment area. Amazingly, we noticed the blinds that we installed several years ago and found it still in very good condition.
Contrary to some beliefs that these type of blinds are easily damaged such as when the blades are ripped from its holder, these blinds’ blades are still complete and is still functioning properly after a decade of use.
Here are some tips and guidelines on how to take care of your vertical blinds so that it will last for several years.
- Do not purchase vertical blinds in areas where pets and/or children frequently pass such as sliding doors and windows that they can easily reach. They might be entangled with the plastic bottom chain that could lead to damaged blades.
- Understand how to properly tilt and open your vertical blinds. Use the chain to tilt the blades, and use the pull cord to open or close the blinds to the sides. Most of the damaged blades are due to improper use.
- Do not pull the cord to open/close the vertical blinds on the sides when the blades are tilted closed. Before pulling the blades to the sides, open the blades perpendicular to the window using the plastic chain so that the blades can move more freely.
- The most frequent reason for damaged blades is when one of the family members or users habitually push the blades using their hands without using the chains or pull cords when they are passing a sliding door or when they are trying to peek outside from the window.
- When cleaning the blades, hold the blade with one hand while wiping with wet damp cloth with the other hand. This is to prevent accidentally pulling and ripping the blades out of its holder.
Vertical blinds are also durable and can last for a long long time with proper care and basic know-how just like our client from 10 years ago. It’s amazing that they didn’t even bothered to have their blinds checked by us since it is still functioning without problems. It still looks good and provides the function of privacy and protecting their home from direct sunlight and can still do for more years to come.
Our company has been in the blinds and interior products business for more than a decade and has a very good track record when it comes to quality products and services. For inquiries call us at (02) 403-3262, (02) 893-1373, (02) 668-9668, or 0916-311-3909. You may also visit us at our mall branches.